CASE STUDY 1
A study to understand the market for select solvents, plasticizers and food acids in India and abroad
- Why was the study carried out?
- A leading company was keen on gauging the market size, growth potential for select solvents, plasticizers and food acids in India and abroad
What we did?
- Conducted secondary research on the relevant chemicals, using a range of sources (subscribed/paid sources + Internet search)
- Conducted primary research in the form of depth interviews with manufacturers/distributors as well as customer segments to have primary and holistic market understanding for the given compounds
- Interviewed about 25 to 30 people (in the form of depth interviews) with various target segments spread over Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Vapi, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai
- Deliverables to the Client
The study was able to help client in understanding in following
- Market size of the select compounds/solvents/plasticizers/food acids
- Share of top customer segments to the overall consumption
- Understanding the channel structure and trade and distribution model (trade vs non-trade)
- Important countries that have export potential for the given compound vs countries importing into India
IMRB provided detailed market understanding for the select compounds, along with their estimated growth potential, which was inline with the anticipated customer consumption